Instead of going on vacation, try out some of the best attractions in your own city! Below are Trip Advisor’s 2017 top 10 things to do in St. Louis.
- St. Louis Zoo: Located in Forest Park, this free attraction is recognized as a leading zoo in animal management, research, conservation and education. Throughout the summer, the zoo also has many new features and events to attend.
- Missouri Botanical Garden: Founded in 1859, the Missouri Botanical Garden is America’s oldest botanical garden in continuous operation. The garden is also a national historic landmark that is a center for research and education.
- Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis: This cathedral of the Roman Catholic Church is known for its beautiful mosaics and architecture.
- City Museum: The City Museum largely consists of repurposed architectural and industrial objects as well as slides and climbing attractions for children and adults to explore.
- Busch Stadium: Home to the St. Louis Cardinals, Busch Stadium is a major St. Louis destination for all baseball fans.
- Forest Park: The large park includes many world-class cultural institutions and beautiful and natural recreational areas for you to enjoy. For residents or guests at The Residences at Forest Park Hotel, the park is only a block away!
- The Fabulous Fox Theatre: This performing arts center and former movie palace is known for its beautiful architecture and wonderful shows.
- Saint Louis Art Museum: One of the principal U.S. art museums, the Saint Louis Art Museum displays paintings, sculptures, cultural objects and ancient masterpieces from around the world.
- Gateway Arch: The Gateway Arch is a 630-foot monument symbolic of Thomas Jefferson’s vision of a United States that expanded from Atlantic to Pacific. The arch is a major St. Louis attraction.
- The Magic House: This not-for-profit children’s museum engages children in hands-on learning to help develop creativity and problem-solving skills.
Check out a list of more St. Louis activities here.