2016 Mardi Gras will be celebrated January 6 through February 9 in St. Louis Soulard. The celebration consists of eleven separate events that span over five weeks:
- Twelfth Night, will be on January 6 at Johnny’s Restaurant and Bar and will begin at 5:00 p.m. After, a parade will start at 7:00 p.m. in Soulard Market at Rudy Commons and will tour the streets of Soulard.
- For those looking for a family event, the Family Winter Carnival will be hosted on January 9 from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Bud Light Party Centre in Soulard Market Park. The event will host bounce houses, story time, fire trucks and interactive displays created by local artists.
- The Snowman Softball event will be on Saturday, January 16 and Sunday, January 17 at the Central Fields in Forest Park. The tournament will begin at 7:30 a.m. and will continue in all weather.
- Wine, Beer and Whiskey Taste will be on Friday, January 22 from 7:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m. It will be in the Bud Light Party Centre in Soulard Market Park. Tickets can be purchased in advance or at the door.
- Saturday, January 23 will be the Cajun Cook-off at the Bud Light Party Centre in Soulard Market Park. Tickets are available online in advance at the door.
- On Saturday, January 30, the 5K Run for Your Beads will take place at 9:00 a.m. in the Soulard Neighborhood. Registration is open until the day of the race. Runners should show up in their best purple, gold and green. Participants 21 and older will have beer and hurricanes served at pit stops.
- After the race, the Southern Comfort Taste of Soulard will run from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on January 30 and 31. It will take place at restaurants in Soulard. Tickets can be purchased in advance online or on the days of the event. Each ticket includes one Southern Comfort drink voucher and six food vouchers.
- On Sunday, January 31 at 1:00 p.m., the Beggin’ Pet Parade will begin at 12th Street and Allen Avenue. Registration is open until the day of the event. All proceeds benefit Open Door Animal Sanctuary. After coronation, a free concert will be held in the Soulard Market Plaza.
- Afterwards, the Wiener Dog Derby will begin at 2:00 p.m. in Weiner Stadium at Rudy Commons. Registration will be open until the day of the derby.
- The Mayor’s Ball will be held Friday, February 5 in St. Louis City Hall. Doors will open at 7:00 p.m. and features food, cocktails, dancing and entertainment. Proceeds benefit the Mardi Gras Foundation. Tables and tickets can be reserved online or purchased by calling Lindsay at 314-771-5110.
- The final event of the 2016 Mardi Gras season will be the Bud Light Party Tent on Saturday, February 6 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Bud Light Party Centre in Soulard Market Park. Tickets can only be purchased by those 21 years of age or older in advance online and will not be offered at the door. Admission includes access to tents, open bars, a buffet, live DJs and Bud Light giveaways.
For more information on these events and how to purchase tickets, please visit stlmardigras.org.